If you are reviewing your investment portfolio and would like to make a few changes, you may not have considered real estate as a form of investment. Land, as you probably know, is a finite commodity and with a rising population, the price of land is never going to decrease; it is merely a question of how much the price increases, should you ever decide to sell.
Here are some compelling reasons to invest in real estate in 2023.
- Rental properties – You only have to search online for prime Sydney rental properties, to see that the market is brisk and if you buy a rundown property and renovate, you can ask for top rentals. If you are concerned about the amount of work involved, search for a reputable property management company to handle every aspect of the business. If you want to know more info about development in Sydney, the online real estate agent has you covered.
- Flipping properties – You could snap up cheap properties at the auctions, invest in a renovation and sell for a profit. Partner up with a small builder who has experience in old house renovations and if you make the right purchases, you should do well. Timing is everything, so keep your eyes on the real estate market and if you see a bargain, take the plunge and set a timeline for the property to be ready for occupancy.
- Sound long-term investment – You might not wish to put your wealth into stocks and shares, especially during these troubled times; sitting on an empty plot of land isn’t such a bad idea. You could lease the land to a developer, which brings in a regular income and with the price of land rising, you should have a healthy return on your investment.
- Economic instability – Since 2019 and the outbreak of Covid, the global economy has suffered and is continuing to suffer, as inflation figures rise. Land is one of the few commodities that will never drop in price and many financial analysts are advising investors to get into real estate.
- Build your dream home – Rather than waiting until you are wealthy to build your dream house, why not make this an investment project? If you are looking for a long-term investment, build a second home and use it for holidays; you can rent it out when not in use. You could predict the future in terms of urban development and buy a piece of farmland; sit on it for a period of years and see when the time is right.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to invest in real estate; choose wisely and you should have an investment that appreciates in value over the years. There is a lot of free info online that can help you learn more about real estate investment and with a plan of action, you are taking the first step towards financial security.